Information on Alcohol and Substance abuse include the health effects associated with alcohol or drug use, warning signs, and statistics.
- Alcohol decreases coordination, slows reaction time and impairs judgment, which can lead to risky behaviors.
- Alcohol effects virtually every organ in the body, and prolonged use can lead to diseases including alcoholism.
- Drinking increases the risk of injury, car crashes, falls, burns and drowning.
- Just 1, 12-oz. beer has as much alcohol as a 1.5 oz shot of whiskey.
- Too much alcohol can overload the system and can result in death.
- Curfew violations
- Disregards consequences
- Grades dropping
- Lack of motivation
- Neglected appearance
- No concern about the future
- Reckless behavior
- Unexplained weight loss
- Valuables missing
- 20% of 7th grade students have tried "huffing"
- 22% of 8th graders have reported drinking alcohol
- 28.5% of high schoolers smoke cigarettes
- 41% of 10th grade students report drinking within the past month