Tippecanoe County, IN


What are the different types of severe weather alerts and what do they mean?

SPS or Special Weather Statement is issued in anticipation of hazardous weather as far out as 5-7days in advance. These can also be used to clear counties from severe weather watches. Severe Thunderstorm Watch is issued when thunderstorms are possible in the watch area. severe Thunderstorm Warning is issued when sever thunderstorms are occurring or imminent in the warning area. Find more information on the TEMA page.

Where can I recycle hazardous household waste?

For information on how and where to dispose of hazardous cleaning cleaners, batteries, solvents, etc. Please see the Tippecanoe County Solid Waste Management District website at the following web address: http://www.tippecanoewaste.org/ or call them at 765-423-2858

Where can I reserve a picnic shelter for a family gathering?

Lafayette, West Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, and Prophetstown State Park all have picnic shelters available. Some require fees. Use the the following contact information to locate and reserve a shelter: Lafayette Parks Dept. 765-807-1500 West Lafayette Park Dept. 765-775-5110 Prophetstown State Park 866-622-6746 For all county shelters please call the Tippecanoe County Park Administration Dept. at 765-423-2306

Veterans Treatment Court- Where can I get more information

Follow this link to locate the VTC web page and contact information.

Where Can I Report a Pothole?

Follow this link to the Tippecanoe County Highway page and you can report a pothole.