Human Services Plan
Transportation Resource Guide
A guide to transportation services provided in the Lafayette, West Lafayette, and Tippecanoe County area.
Transportation Resource Guide (English)
2021 Coordinated Human Services Transit Plan
For many low income, elderly and disabled individuals, transportation is a barrier for accessing essential services, such as medical care, social services, shopping, government services, educational facilities, activities that enhance quality of life, job-training opportunities and employment. It is essential and imperative to improve the transportation options for these vulnerable populations and the Area Plan Commission is in the process of doing so by updating the Coordinated Human Services Plan. The Plan, which was first adopted in 2008, identifies available transportation services, accesses the transportation needs of the three groups and then develops and prioritizes strategies and activities. The Plan also connects public, private, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
The following Plan Development Task Outline provides an overview of the tasks in updating the plan and a status report as to what tasks have been completed.
Task A) Develop demographic data and compile list of known transportation providers. COMPLETED
- Demographic Maps:
Task B) Identify all available transportation services that are currently provided. COMPLETED
- Conduct a transportation provider survey
- Survey is available HERE .
- Use only the latest version of Adobe Acrobat or Reader to complete the fillable PDF survey. Macintosh and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader are available from Adobe at: http://get.adobe.com/reader.
- Do not complete the form online within your web browser; your data will not be saved. Before taking the survey, save the form (PDF format) to a location onyour computer. (Examples: Desktop or Documents).
- To save the survey, right click on the file and click “Save link as”.
- Save to your Desktop or Documents.
- Once you have saved the form to your computer, you are ready to take the survey.
- Open the survey and fill it out.
- After you have completed it, Save it.
- If you are not able to complete it all at once, simply save it. When you do have the time to complete it, simply reopen it and continue filling it out.
- Email your completed survey to APC at email@example.com. Do this by attaching it to an email.
- Again, before sending your email, don’t forget to attach your completed survey.
- Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey.
Task C) Identify the challenges, barriers and gaps the vulnerable populations face. COMPLETED
- Stakeholder Meeting
- Disabled Needs From 2015 Plan, and 2021 Plan Identified Gaps, Barriers, and Challenges
- Elderly Needs From the 2015 Plan, and 2021 Plan Identified Gaps, Barriers, and Challenges
- Low Income Needs From the 2015 Plan, and 2021 Plan Identified Gaps, Barriers, and Challenges
- Target Group Surveys
Task D) Develop strategies, activities and projects. COMPLETED
- Final Disabled, 2021 Plan Strategies
- Final Elderly, 2021 Plan Strategies
- Final Low Income, 2021 Plan Strategies
Task E) Prioritize the implementation strategies. COMPLETED
- Finalized agencies responsible for implementation
Task F) Develop and adopt updated Plan. IN PROGRESS
- Draft document (in development)
- Present at Citizens Participation Committee/ public meeting
- Present to Technical Transportation Committee
- Present to MPO Policy Board
2015 - 2020 Coordinated Human Services Transit Plan
In 2008, the Area Plan Commission staff and other social services providers evaluated the transportation needs and challenges of persons who are elderly, disabled or have low incomes. As a group transportation barriers and challenges were identified and strategies developed to alleviate them. That work resulted in the Coordinated Human Service Transit Plan (CHSTP). Since this is an ongoing and dynamic issue, annual meetings have been held with stakeholders. These provided an opportunity to discuss how challenges have changed, what solutions have been tried and what needs are being met. They also allow social service providers to discuss new and emerging challenges and issues. Starting in the summer of 2013 Area Plan Commission staff discussed the issues with the Citizens Participation Committee. A stakeholder meeting was held on December 9, 2013. Stakeholders were asked to review the barriers, gaps and challenges that were identified in the 2008 Plan and assess if they were still applicable. They were also asked to identify any new issues arising since the plan’s completion. Strategies were reviewed and updated.
2015 - 2020 Plan Update Opens a New Window.
2017 Annual Review Opens a New Window.
2008 CHSTP Opens a New Window.
Appendix 7 12/07/2009 Annual Review Opens a New Window.
Appendix 8 01/31/2011 Annual Review Opens a New Window.
Appendix 9 12/19/2011 Annual Review Opens a New Window.
Appendix 10 11/16/2012 Annual Review Opens a New Window.