Tippecanoe County Prosecutor Citizen Series
The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Citizen Series an educational outreach program designed to provide residents a greater understanding of the inner-workings of their prosecutor’s office and the role that the departments within the office play within the criminal justice system.
Some of the topics that will be included in the 6-week program:
- Criminal Investigation: Search Warrants, Vest Cameras, Filing Decisions, Grand Jury Process; Evidence: Tippecanoe County High Tech Crime Unit, Physical Evidence (DNA, Firearms, Autopsy, Medical)
- The Court Process: Arrest, Initial Hearing, Pretrial Discovery, 4th and 5th Amendments, Plea Negotiations, Guilty Pleas, Trials, Sentencing
- Post Conviction Process: Appeals, Post-Conviction Relief, Expungements
- Drug Investigations: The Opiate Impact, K9 Narcotics Detection, Illegal Drugs
- Divisions of the Tippecanoe County Prosecutors Office: Investigation Unit, Juvenile Division, Adult Protective Services, Child Support Division, Domestic Violence Unit
- Community Programs: WeTip Anonymous Hotline, Project Safe Neighborhoods, Elder Abuse Prevention, Child Fatality Review, Duty to Report Sex Crimes Against Children
The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Citizens Series meets one evening per week (Wednesdays) for 6 weeks beginning October 11, 2017 and concluding on November 15, 2017. Each session will be from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and will be held at the Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Office, 111 N. 4th Street, Lafayette, Indiana.
Interested participants can download and complete the PDF form application CLICK HERE. You can save the PDF file with your answers. Applications must be submitted by Oct 4th, 2017.
If you don't have Acrobat Reader to open the PDF file, you can download it for free HERE.
Please send the completed application to ProsCitizenSeries@tippecanoe.in.gov
or it can be mailed to:
Tippecanoe County Prosecutors Office
Attn: Tippecanoe County Prosecutor Citizen Series
111 North 4th St, Lafayette, IN 47901