Tippecanoe Health Department Travel Clinic
For more information or to schedule a Travel Appointment please contact us at 765-423-9222 ext.1.
Please Fill out and Bring the following to your schedule appointment: Pre-Travel Questionnaire Form.
Planning for Traveling Abroad:
• If you know that you will be travel abroad, it is recommended to schedule an appointment with a
travel clinic a few months in advance. This assures that you will be able to receive the recommended
vaccines or required vaccines before travel. Your initial travel consultation appointment will last
around 45 minutes and include the necessary immunizations, safety and security information, insect
protection, food and water precautions, and if needed antimalarial medications. You may need to
schedule additional appointments to complete vaccination series such as Hepatitis A or Hepatitis B.
Our travel clinic services include:
• Individual consultation with travel nurse who will review your health history and individual needs
based on your itinerary.
• Provide you with education on required or recommended vaccinations, safety and security
precautions, and other health risk associated with your itinerary.
• Administer CDC-recommended vaccinations and prescribe antimalarial medications.
Billing and Insurance:
• Payment for travel consultation and immunizations are due at time of services.
• Please be advised, that many insurance companies do not cover or reimburse for travel medicine
expenses. It is advised to call your insurance company ahead of scheduling a travel appointment to
verify if they will cover travel expenses.