- Find out the latest news and events going on in Tippecanoe County
For information about the Indiana Supreme Court and their directives regarding the COVID-19 virus Please read the release HERE.
To see Tippecanoe County Courts response to COVID-19 please follow this LINK
NOTICE TO CITIZENS OF TIPPECANOE COUNTY FROM OUR COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
The Tippecanoe County Commissioners continue to monitor the health emergency surrounding COVID-19 and are in regular communication with the Tippecanoe County Health Department as well as our many community partners, including the Mayors of Lafayette and West Lafayette.
At this time, all county offices will remain open for normal business for any phone call or email requests. However, effective Tuesday March 17th, all County buildings, with the exception of the four noted below, will be closed to walk-ins from the general public. Subject to the exceptions listed below, in-person meetings will be by appointment only.
•The Tippecanoe County Courthouse will remain open for essential functions. The Courts will continue to hold proceedings, and court related offices in the Courthouse will remain open to those members of the public who have official business in the building.
• The Tippecanoe County Jail lobby will be open, but only to one person at a time. Jail visitation, gun permits, fingerprinting and other programs requiring an in-person presence, have been suspended until further notice.
• Tippecanoe County Community Corrections has suspended all outside services and programs within the facility until further notice. The lobby will remain open to the public. Payments can be made online at www.tippecanoe.in.gov/cc.
• Tippecanoe County Women Infant and Children office (W.I.C) will remain open.
All other facilities, listed below, will remain open for phone call and email request, but will be closed to walk-ins from the public.
• Tippecanoe County Office Building 20 North 3rd Street
• The Prosecutors and Public Defenders Offices 111 North 4th Street
• Nursing & Vital Records, Coroner, Veterans Services 629 North 6th Street
• Tippecanoe Villa 5307 North 50 West
• Cary Home 1530 South 18th Street
• County Extension Office 3150 Sagamore Pkwy South
• Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds 1010 Teal Road
• The Tippecanoe County Parks department buildings will be closed, but the outdoor facilities will remain open.
Members of the public will be permitted to enter County buildings for the purpose of attending public meetings. However, County boards and committees are encouraged to facilitate remote participation and retain the discretion to limit the number of people in attendance to comply with guidelines set forth by State and Local Health Officials.
Please refer to the Tippecanoe County website www.tippecanoe.in.gov for department contact information .